Wednesday, March 7, 2012

Ginsanity Chapter III {Pimms No. 1 Cocktail}

I love Pimms.


I was first introduced to Pimms in Holland traveling with my friend, Olga, and then again it surfaced when I was at Oxford.  I've never heard many people talk about it "stateside" BUT you can get at any ABC Liquor Store and I've really just always loved it.


It's a subtle liquer, syrupy {don't recommend a shot of it} and sorta spicey & citrusy.  It's from England and is.... wait for it.... yes, GIN based.  Perhaps this was where the ginsanity began. 


Who knows, you really just need to try.... trust me 


WHAT YOU NEED:
PIMMS No. 1
1.5 oz. Pimms
6 oz. Ginger Ale
1/4 lemon sliced thin


WHAT YOU DO:
Pack highball glass with ice, add 1.5 oz. Pimms then fill with ginger-ale.  Garnish with lemon slices. Stir & sip.


Ahhhh, it's Friday.  Just kidding.  But it IS almost Thursday.....

Pin It! Print Friendly and PDF