Thursday, March 8, 2012

A Girl With A Pan, Just ONE Pan {Pork "Saltimbocca" with Roasted Onions and Potatoes}

I do truly heart Bon Appetit, they offer me a lot of inspiration.  And they've been doing "one pan dishes" lately that I'm really loving come Thursday night.... because, I'm really tired by Thursday but we still need to eat and I really don't like to waste my eating out time on a Thursday when we are all grouchy and tired.... I like to do that on the weekend when it can be fun.  So, tonight we tried BA's Pork "Saltimbocca" with Roasted Onions and Potatoes.... as always I modified to use what I had handy [shhhhh, I've still not gone grocery shopping....]


HERE'S WHAT YOU NEED:
  • 4 pork chops [bone in]
  • 1 1/2 cups dry white wine
  • 2 onions, cut into 1/2-inch-thick slices
  • 3 tablespoons olive oil, divided
  • Kosher salt and ground black pepper
  • 1 potato per person, cut into 1/2-inch-thick rounds [I used a combo of red and Russet because that's what I had]
  • 1/4 cup fresh tarragon [I left whole and did not chop]
  • 1 8 oz package of white mushrooms [still on sale at Aldi's so my Dad is inundating me with them!]
  • 4-5 slices of ham slice into 1 inch ribbons [I didn't have prosciutto]


HERE'S WHAT YOU DO:

  • Preheat oven to 450°. Line a large rimmed baking sheet with parchment or wax paper. Pierce pork slices all over with the tip of a paring knife. Place in a dish just large enough to hold pork in a single layer. Pour wine over and let marinate at room temperature while preparing other ingredients.

  • Place sliced onions in a medium bowl, drizzle with 1 Tbsp. oil, and season with salt and pepper. Toss gently to coat without breaking up slices. Transfer onions to prepared baking sheet, spreading out in an even layer. Combine remaining 2 Tbsp. oil, potatoes, and tarragon in same bowl; season with salt and pepper and toss to coat. Place potatoes on sheet, tucking in among onions.
  • Roast onion-potato mixture until potatoes are beginning to brown around the edges, about 20 minutes. Lightly toss mushrooms in olive oil and add to pan.  Remove pork from wine and pat dry. Season with salt and pepper and top each pork slice with several ham ribbons, folded over. Place pork on baking sheet atop potatoes and onions. Roast until cooked through, about 15 minutes. Let rest for 5–10 minutes.
  • Divide onions, potatoes, mushrooms and pork among plates.  ENJOY!

Pin It! Print Friendly and PDF