Sunday, March 11, 2012

Think Paris 1947 {St. Germain Cocktail}

St~Germain Elderflower
I bought a bottle of St~Germain Elderflower Liqueur and I think WE are going to have a lot of fun experimenting.  St~Germain is a 40 Proof liqueur made from Elderflowers picked in the French Alps.... my particular elderflowers were picked in 2011 as indicated on a sticker on the bottle {that my blogger would not upload a picture of for some reason!!!}. Anyhow, at first sip I'd definitely say 2011 was a great year for elderflowers.  Elderflowers are white {not purple like my picture} but I didn't have time to go to the Alps prior to posting this blog I am so darn EXCITED to tell you about this.

As I begin my elderflower journey,  it made sense to start with their "signature" cocktail, The St~Germain Cocktail.

I AM IN LOVE.

Think of all things delicate and beautiful, then add ice and a slice of lemon. yup.  you are there.

WHAT YOU WILL NEED:
2 parts Champagne {I used Prosecco}
1½ parts  St~Germain
2 parts Club Soda
WHAT YOU DO:
Stir ingredients in a tall ice-filled Collins glass {I used a big wine glass}, mixing completely. Garnish with lemon.
Heaven.
Pin It! Print Friendly and PDF

1 comment:

  1. This sounds absolutely superb, can't wait to try!

    ReplyDelete