Tuesday, July 3, 2012

Dark & Stormy.... started as my mood, evolved into my drink and now it's the weather I will sleep peacefully to

Dark & Stormy Cocktail
 Only two very long days in this week so far but OMG, they were rough.  I was feelin' a bit grrrrrrr and when I stopped at World Market on my way home {love that place} I saw Ginger Beer and thought immediately.... DARK. AND. STORMY.


I've seen a lot of recipes over the years with far fancier rums but I tend to have Myer's Dark on hand and so my quick Tuesday, long days, short week Dark & Stormy is this....


WHAT YOU NEED:
3 oz. Myers Dark Rum
8 oz of Ginger Beer
1 oz. fresh lime juice {squeeze a half of a lime}
LOTS of ice

WHAT YOU DO:
Pack your favorite glass with ice.... a pilsner would work, or large wine glass, I have some tall wide glasses from C&B that I love for my ice packed drinks.  


Squeeze you lime over the ice, 
fill with Ginger Beer and top with Rum.  
Stir well, sip and see the storminess evaporate.


Bring it on Wednesday, oh yeah it's a holiday ;)
Pin It! Print Friendly and PDF

20 comments:

  1. I hope this drink turned your day around my friend, it looks gorgeous!

    Cheers
    CCU

    ReplyDelete
  2. Simply delicious. Love ginger beer!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This look so refreshing !Feeling glad to read your post !

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love ginger beer, and I love a good dark and stormy. Winner!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Never heard of ginger beer before ... interesting :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. you should try it.... It's ginerale on steroids.... non-alc of course!

      Delete
  6. I'm sorry that you're having a difficult week. What a fabulous looking drink!

    ReplyDelete
  7. i kinda want to add a drop of liquid smoke to this, and use a spicy real ginger beer.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ohhhhh that would be awesome I'll bet... report back if you do!

      Delete
  8. I adore dark & stormys. And there is nothing wrong with Myer's. Hope it made your week better!

    ReplyDelete
  9. This recipe is wrong. A true Dark 'n Stormy (which is the national drink of Bermuda, where I am from) is made using Gosling's Black Seal rum and Barritt's ginger beer. What you have a recipe for here is ginger beer with rum.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Actually, this recipe is quite RIGHT. It's a GREAT drink, simple and delicious! I'd love to try your/the official Dark & Stormy as well, so please don't hesitate to share your treat.... I'm always open to a new cocktail! Cheers!

      Delete
    2. I did share, Gosling's and Barritt's. Simple as can be! Goslings' actually has a trademark on Dark n' Stormy in Bermuda. Using any other rum is just treacherous.

      Delete
  10. I thing this good but I am not sure about Digestive Enzymes.

    ReplyDelete