Sunday, May 27, 2012

Have I Mentioned We Love Coconut? {Coconut Encrusted Sea Scallops}

Coconut Encrusted Sea Scallops


I LOVE seafood.
Really ANY seafood.
But I really REALLY love scallops.
We don't have them too often as they can be pricey but when I saw these beautiful  Sea Scallops at Hulls Seafood, I had to get them.
This recipe is so simple I had to share, it's my favorite way to make scallops 
and I can't recall ever screwing it up!



HERE'S WHAT YOU NEED:
1 lb Sea Scallops {the big ones}
1/2 cup wheat flour
1 cup coconut
2 beaten eggs


NOTE:  this serves about 4 but ask what the "count" is and plan on 3-4 per person.... they are rich & filling!


HERE's WHAT YOU DO:

Turn your oven on to preheat at 350F
& while it's preheating... 
take each scallop one by one
First bread in flour

Then roll in egg

Then roll in coconut

Cover them well!

Line them up like soldiers and
bake at 350 for 18-20 minutes

ENJOY!
Pin It! Print Friendly and PDF