Thursday, May 17, 2012

Thirsty Thursday {Cava Sangria}

Cava Sangria

A woman is sitting at home on the terrace with her husband and she says: "I love you." 
He asks: "Is that you or the wine talking?
She replies: "It's me... talking to the wine."
snicker. snicker. 

As summer approaches, I hope you are stocking up on all these awesome Sangrias I'm feeding you.... this is one of my personal favorites. But, then again.... I don't think you can go wrong if it involves champagne <3


This recipe is for a pitcher 

{about 4 servings} 
I quadruple it for a punch bowl

EVERYONE loves it!

WHAT YOU NEED:
1 cup sliced fruit.... 
I used Asian pear, apple and strawberries this time but I've used star fruit, orange, peaches, plums and grapes. If you are using a decanter {vs. a pitcher or punch bowl} it's important to try to find floating fruit... denser fruit like raspberries, blackberries, plums & peaches will sink and clog up your spigot.... YUK.
1/4 cup white grape juice
1/4 cup peach schnapps
a sprig or two of mint. 
1 bottle of Cava Champagne {Prosecco is nice too}

WHAT YOU DO:
Combine everything EXCEPT Champagne in a glass container and allow to chill at least an hour, or overnight.  When ready to serve add Champagne.

ENJOY!

Note:  When serving at a party I make an ice ring with some of the fruit and white grape juice, I'll put on my to do list a post about that :)




Pin It! Print Friendly and PDF