Thursday, May 24, 2012

THIRSTY THURSDAY {Fruit & Flowers Sparkler}

Meet my Thursday.... this is my daughter's Middle School Orchestra.  It was a field trip today.  I try not to miss because I know these days are coming to an end but this one was pretty hellish.  We had to be at the school at 7 a.m. so we could travel WITH the Chorus AND the Band to visit and perform at 4 Elementary Schools in the area.  Two school buses packed full, a U-haul full of instruments & music stands and about 80 kids all told in 90 degree heat.  Unloading, slepping, watching them perform, packing up, riding in the bus to the next school and then doing it all over {and over again}.  Don't get me wrong the kids were AWESOME.  Well mannered, helpful and performed incredibly but I'm an OLD WOMAN and I am whooped {and Rebecca forgot the flask!}.  

So, I'm THIRSTY.  But it's all good because it's Thirsty Thursday and I'm enjoying a lovely cool cocktail.  I'm calling it the Fruit & Flower Sparkler and it is YUMMY AND REFRESHING.

HERE'S WHAT YOU NEED:
1 & 1/2 ounces St. Germaine Elderflower Liqueur
1 & 1/2 ounces pomegranate juice
4 fresh strawberries sliced
4-5 ounces Brut Champagne


HERE'S WHAT YOU DO:
Add everything but the Champagne in your processor {I used my Magic Bullet of course} and puree then add to glass, fill with ice and top with Champagne.


AHHHHH, it's Friday soon but this will hold you over :)


p.s. have you gotten a Magic Bullet yet?  You deserve one.... summers here.... frozen drinks in a snap ~




Pin It! Print Friendly and PDF