Wednesday, May 16, 2012

It's Only Wok & Roll But I Like It {Sweet Chili Chicken Stirfry}

Sweet Chili Chicken Stirfry

I've really got a thing for my Asian Sweet Chili Sauce these days.... so, when I saw Pass the Sushi's Pork stir fry this week I thought..... I see a Sweet Chili Sauce opportunity.  And I went for it.... I completely credit this stir fry to her recipe because even though I changed up the main components, I stayed true to her sauce, which is to die for.



WHAT YOU NEED:
5 boneless chicken breasts, cut into 1 inch wide strips
1/2 cup less sodium soy sauce
4 cloves garlic, minced
2 tsp ground ginger
2 teas sesame oil
2 tbs rice wine vinegar
3 TBSP Sweet Chili Sauce
1/3 cup honey
4 tbs hoisin sauce
1/2 cup baby carrots, halved
12 asparagus stalks in thirds {woody ends discarded}
1/2 cup edamame {shelled}
1 can sliced water chestnuts drained
1 can baby corn drained
1 pkg wide lo mein {cooked & drained}

Combine soy sauce, garlic, ginger, sesame oil, vinegar, sweet chili sauce, hoisin, & honey in deep skillet or wok, add chicken and cook over medium high heat for 5 minutes, stirring frequently.  Add carrots and cook 5 minutes more. 
Toss in the remaining vegetables and cook about 3 minutes before stirring in the noodles, cook another couple minutes and serve immediately.

Quick & Easy and most importantly YUM.

Pin It! Print Friendly and PDF