Saturday, June 9, 2012

HAPPY WORLD GIN DAY! GINSANITY CHAPTER IX: Quick Ruthie get the flag.... it's Happy Hour! {Basil French 75}


Basil French 75
OK, so much to my chagrin I had no mint today for my Happy Hour.... have I told you when I was growing up my folks actually had a flag they hung every summer evening that said Happy Hour?  LOL, I kid you not.  I would kill for that flag.


Anyhow, back to my mint conundrum...


So, I called my friend/neighbor Barbie.... NOPE
I accosted PopPop... is he growing it yet?  NOPE


DAMN.
Plan B.
Basil....
So, fistful of basil, lemons and some champagne I Google for an assist and who woulda thought it.... 
MARTHA came through.


BASIL FRENCH 75 
{only very slightly modified}
thanks & credits to Martha Stewart


WHAT YOU NEED:
5 basil leaves
2 slices lemon in quarters
1 ounce simple syrup
2 ounces gin
1/2 ounce lemon juice
Ice
4 ounces Champagne {brut}


WHAT YOU DO:

Muddle basil leaves with 1 lemon slice and simple syrup in a shaker. Add gin, lemon juice, and a little ice. Shake well and strain into glass. pack with ice and top with Champagne.


Your are Welcome. You SURVIVED the day & I was waiting with an awesome idea.

Pin It! Print Friendly and PDF