Saturday, June 16, 2012

The Mile High Club & A Father's Day Menu



Oh get your mind out of the gutter this isn't the 70s for goodness sake, we were just a club, like the Mickey Mouse Club or Secret Handshake Club!

WTH am I talking about? Well, I had a super fun flight from Hartford to Atlanta yesterday and thought I'd shout of to our awesome Delta bartender in the sky.... Liscious Willams III.... I AM NOT MAKING THAT UP! I swear, he showed me his ID and everything because after a few de-Liscious drinks {yeah I went there} when he said his name, I didn't have a filter and basically said.... you are making that UP! 



Liscious III
Anyhow, LOL, imagine my embarrassment when I found he was not kidding {but we thought TSA would be annoyed if I posted a pic of his ID so I refrained}. He was a hoot though.  He made my new BFF, Kerry, & I the BEST drinks.... wouldn't reveal the recipe {BOOOOOOO!} but I saw fresh squeezed OJ, tasted tequila and rum and gin... OH MY!


Serious yumminess and a good time as we flew through the clouds... Thanks guys!

I'm back out of the clouds and on to making a fabulous Father's Day Meal for David & My Dad.... Father's Day = Hot Dog day here so I'm trying out a few things I've gathered over the last few months...


I'll be making Wylde Thyme's Rhode Island Style Hot dogs served with a couple Brats for my old German Dad as well as some German Potato Salad and Sauerkraut I picked up at Dunderbak's today :)


I'm also making some pork & beans with salt pork that I found on Southernfood that we will eat using our baked Lays as shovels.... we are a classy bunch after all.
This is his.... I can only dream
mine is this pretty
followed by a FABULOUS dessert of Coconut Tres Leches that I found over at Gerry at Foodness Gracious.





So, since I'll be busy waiting on David so probably no blogging... *snicker* I hope all you Father & Father Figures have a great day XXOO


Pin It! Print Friendly and PDF