Tuesday, June 19, 2012

Oh, this is a FOOD Blog? {Rock Shrimp Marinara over Linguine}

Rock Shrimp Marinara 
Sometimes it would appear that I forget this is a food blog.... 
and I've got a serious backlog of yumminess that I swear I need to share.....
This recipe in particular was positively YUMMY.
Guess I'm not really a flog blogger yet 'cause I cannot ditch that word.....
I wonder if I get an extra cake plate if I can compensate.
Alas, it is what it is and this was YUMMY!


So, let's get to the FOOD!  
Rock Shrimp Marinara 















WHAT YOU NEED:
1 48 oz. Chopped Tomatoes {I used POMI of couse}
1 48 oz Strained Tomatoes {again, POMI}
3 TBSP good tomato paste
1 TBSP olive Oil
1 small onion diced
1 TBSP minced garlic
2 TBSP fresh chopped parsley {or 2 tsp dry}
2 TBSP fresh chopped basil {or 2 tsp dry}
1 TBSP granulated garlic
1 TBSP dried oregano
1/4 cup packed light brown sugar
1/4 cup Cabernet
1 & 1/2 lbs. rock shrimp, peeled {or whatever seafood you like... bay scallops, shrimp}


WHAT YOU DO:
Heat Olive Oil over medium heat then add onion and saute until translucent, about 5 minutes then add everything BUT the seafood and stir well, reduce heat to low and simmer for 30-45 minutes.  15 minutes before you want to eat heat your pasta water on high.  10 minutes before serving cook your pasta to al dente as per instructions and increase heat to medium high, add seafood and cook stirring frequently for 7-10 minutes until seafood cooked {no longer pink}.


This was super easy & so good....


DIG IN!  

Pin It! Print Friendly and PDF

3 comments:

  1. If all your backlog looks as gorgeous as this, I am going to be in heaven :D
    Thank you!

    Cheers
    CCU

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh my god does that look amazing! i've never had shrimp in a tomato sauce before, i most definitely need to change that!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ohh my this looks absolutely delicious!!! :)

    ReplyDelete