Friday, June 8, 2012

T.G.I.F.F. {Thank God It's Featured Five}

Another fabulous week in my blogoverse...
I truly wish I could just cook ALL day....
my "gotta try this" folder is bursting at the seams!


But I narrowed it down to my Fav 5
Just. For. You.


Don't you just love summer and all the fresh, crisp recipes that come with it...


Did you see this one?
  Anita at the Hungry Couple was starting the season right with Cucumbers with Tahini & Crumbled Feta.... 
so simple, so summer!




Curly Girl Kitchen cooking up Potato Salad
 with Olive Oil, Bacon & Shallots!

Dear Heather:
I'm so sorry to hear the news about Jamie.
David has the same affliction.
You'll learn to live with it.
We've made it 18 years.
I eat my potato salad alone if needed.
I'm here if you need to talk.
Love,
Heidi




Does it get more summer than watermelon?
 Amy at Oh Bite it posted her candied watermelon rind recipe... her recycling project as she called it.  I cannot wait to try.  Already enjoyed the MINT SUGAR on my Mojitos!
XXOO Many times over to Amy
p.s. ironically, 
Dylan's recycling project also involved watermelon...
a tin can and a watermelon seed from a snack.
Look at it now! 
My oh my
the fresh food was abundant this week.... Donna at Cookistry served up some Fresh Corn Salsa.  But wait... there's more, she even shows a couple serving suggestions.  YUM.


So, we're all friends here, 
let's be honest.... 
you are all waiting for the cocktail...
 because what is summer without refreshment.
  Marina over at the Yummy Mummy Kitchen 
was spot on with her Sangria... 
be sure to check it out!

So, My Shut. The. Front. Door.  post, 
I mean ONE FOR GOOD LUCK 
I mean really Val, you are KILLING ME.
I think the berries make it a health food, 
what do you think?

***ALL PHOTO CREDITS TO THE POST REFERENCED,
HUGE Thank you to all for letting me repost****


HOUSEKEEPING:




Pin It! Print Friendly and PDF