Tuesday, June 5, 2012

Crash Hot Potatoes for Erik {His Life Will Never Be The Same}

CRASH HOT POTATOES
You will L-O-V-E this recipe.
It originated with the Pioneer Woman but truth be told I've not looked at her recipe since the first time I made them a couple years ago... I will Google hers for you and link it HERE.


Here's what I do....

this is for 6 of us


4 large baking potatoes, quartered
olive oil to drizzle {I used garlic infused}
kosher salt
pepper
a meat tenderizer/mallet


quarter your potatoes 
and place skin side down 
on a baking tray, 
bake at 350F for 45 minutes.



Take from oven and smash each potato using a meat tenderizer/mallet, gently pulling back skin if it doesn't break, if pieces fall away gather them and set on the "patty" generously drizzle with olive oil and then salt & pepper.  My oven has a low broil setting that I use for this, I would not use a High Broil but rather 450F if you don't have a low broil option.


Put in oven for 15 minutes, pull out reapply oil and bake for another 15 minutes.

You WILL be a believer....


Pin It! Print Friendly and PDF