Friday, February 3, 2012

Use No. 123,456,789 for Madagascar Vanilla (Candied Pecan Recipe)

Doing my prep work today for our baby shower catering job tomorrow and needed candied pecans. Never realized how fabulously easy they are to make and I got to use my MADAGASCAR!


All you need:
1 egg white
1 tsp water
6 oz bag of pecans
1/3 cup sugar
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 tsp MADAGASCAR Vanilla


Preheat oven to 225 degrees, line large jelly roll pan with parchment.


Beat egg white and water in large bowl with whisk. Add nuts, stir until coated. Pour in rest of ingredients, stir well then put on to prepared pan in a single layer.
Bake for 45 minutes, stirring approximately every 15 minutes. Then turn temperature up to 275 and bake 15 minutes more.


Remove from oven and cool on pan.  


Enjoy :)
.


Assuming you have any to save put in an air tight container!


as an aside:  I made the pecans to go on an appetizer but then I candied some almond slivers for a salad too.... same recipe just change it up depending on your needs, wants or your pantry [which usually makes my mind up for me].
Pin It! Print Friendly and PDF