Saturday, February 4, 2012

Something Yummy & Healthy [Winter Fruit with Baby Greens and Champagne Vinaigrette]

Since everyone else is posting Superbowl YUMMINESS, I thought I'd post something we can all enjoy for Monday night to try to undo where we will no doubt go tomorrow!
Beauty & Brains as they say.
This is a fabulous salad, a lot going on but super easy and everything is in season.  That said, I'm not going to lie... I use bagged lettuce.  There really is no cost effective way to get a fabulous assortment of lettuces otherwise in my opinion.  I own it.  


This recipe is a dinner salad for 4..... that doesn't mean a grilled chicken breast wouldn't accompany it beautifully if you need some protein.


Winter Fruit with Baby Greens Salad
1 bag assorted baby lettuce
1 bag baby spinach
2 clementines peeled, sectioned and then cut in half
1/2 pint strawberries sliced
1 kiwi thin sliced [and cut into heart shapes with a canape cutter if you are a loon like me]
1/2 cup candied almond slivers [Click Here for recipe from yesterday]


Champagne Vinaigrette
1/2 cup Extra Virgin Olive Oil
1/4 cup champagne vinegar
2 TBSP lemon juice
2 TBSP honey
1 clove garlic minced
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 tsp pepper

I toss the lettuce with the vinaigrette THEN toss the fruit in..... but that's just me.  ENJOY!  Guilt free :)


p.s. I've been challenged to bake the WOW Red Velvet Brownie.... tomorrow is going to be REALLY fattening!
Pin It! Print Friendly and PDF

1 comment:

  1. Healthy and green is definitely check - what a delicious recipe :D

    Cheers
    Choc Chip Uru

    ReplyDelete