Thursday, August 16, 2012

Happy National Rum Day {What a Long Strange Trip It's Been}


There's naught, no doubt, so much the spirit calms as rum and true religion. Lord Byron

If you had offered me Rum two years ago, I would've declined.... I really was never a Rum drinker.  That was before my first Dragonberry Mojito, which is kind of where this whole PDA {Public Display of Alcoholism} began.... well, my Rum journey has definitely been an evolution and I thought I would share that trip with you for NATIONAL RUM DAY {I was pretty shocked to see what a long strange trip it's been}!



My first Rum Love
The Dragonberry Mojito


My First Creation
The Blue Mojito
Taking it South
The Keylime Mojito

It goes with coffee too
The Jamaican Latte
Give a man a fish;
you have fed him for today.
Teach a man to fish;
and you have fed him for a lifetime”
—Author unknown
I've had a similar Mojito experience....
The Elderflower Mojito
I am now creating the alcohol
The LIMONCELLO MOJITO
This was a crowning moment for sure
THE CHAMPAGNE MOJITO
Just when I thought I had peaked...
Mint Sugared Glass
Lemon-Lime Mojito
Changing it up....
The Dark & Stormy

Classic Rum.... Do you like
PINA COLADAS?

Am I off the Mojitos and on to Classics?
THE RASPBERRY DAIQUIRI



Nahhhh, I heart my Mojitos
this is where I leave this year's celebration....
THE MILLIONAIRE {ZACAPA} MOJITO


SEE YOU NEXT YEAR...
SAME TIME SAME PLACE! XXOO

Pin It! Print Friendly and PDF

5 comments:

  1. One more year my friend, you make self control hard ;)

    Cheers
    Choc Chip Uru

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We are certainly making you the most well rounded, educated teenager.... but keep up that self control. All things have a time....

      Delete
  2. Is it wrong that it's only 9:00 am and you've made me crave several of these rummy potions? No, I have self control. I'm sure I can hold out until at least after breakfast! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's 5:00 somewhere - right? Nice little collection of rum cocktails you've got there :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a journey it's been, my friend ... Happy Rum Day :-)

    ReplyDelete