Sunday, April 15, 2012

Baking With The Boy {Cake Batter Rice Krispy Treats TWO WAYS!}

I must say I never thought I'd find a "new" rice krispy treat.... but I did.  Super cute, super easy, super yummy.  I made these on Easter cause they were so spring-like but I'm making them with the boy today for a snack for his class on Monday because they are the bomb and I thought I'd share JUST in case you haven't come across one of the 3,000,000 posts on these yet.  LOL





WHAT YOU NEED:
3 TBSP Butter
1 (10 oz) bag of mini-marshmallows
1/2 cup DRY yellow cake mix
6 cups Rice Krispies
1/2 cup Rainbow Sprinkles {reserve 1 TBSP to sprinkle on top}

WHAT YOU DO:
Melt the butter over medium heat in a large non-stick saute pan, add the marshmallows and stir with a wooden spoon until melted. Remove from heat, add the cake mix, stir in quickly but completely then add the Rice Krispies.  Stir gently until coated then add all but 1 TBSP of the sprinkles, stir in.  


"Pour" the "batter" into a 9 x 13 and use a damp scraper to pat them down so they are even.  Sprinkle the remaining sprinkles over the top, gently pat into the treats.  Allow to set for at least 30 minutes before cutting.


Best. Mom. Ever.










***UPDATE***


Mid project I decided one tray was not enough AND that I was out of rainbow sprinkles..... fortuitously {great word huh?} though I had chocolate sprinkles..... PERFECTO!
We did a tray of each.... it was as though I planned to have something for everyone..... BETTER than BEST. MOM. EVER. 


Pin It! Print Friendly and PDF

10 comments:

  1. Nice and festive. Nope, didn't see the 3,000,000 posts on these. But then again, I live a very sheltered life - lol!

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are so cute and the kids will love them, I know.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have seen this type of RK treats but it didn't make it to my oven yet :) Maybe it's time? Thank you for sharing! Happy to be your newest follower, Heidi!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've seen them, but every time I do, I think I should make them, but somehow I have not gotten around to it yet.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yours is the first of the 3,000,000 posts I've seen for these but it does sound adorable. Apart from looking cute, I'll bet the cake batter mix adds a little "something" special.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm there with Eileen...haven't seen 3,000,000 of these either. You're the first and I'm in love with them. I'll be the best mom ever too (for Dudette) as soon as I get myself a box of that cake mix. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Look how happy the kiddo looks. I'd be happy to if I had a tray of these in front of me. They sound amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oooooh, chocolate sprinkles! Looks utterly amazing :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. These look brilliant--cake batter and rice krispy treats combined? Yum!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Yum! Love the colorful sprinkles! - Will have to let the kids make this when their friends come over this weekend. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete