Sunday, May 13, 2012

Happy Mother's Day to ME {The Champagne Mojito}

Champagne Mojito


I need to nod to Viviane at Food and Style for this genius.... not sure HOW I haven't thought of it! Two of my favorite things... Champagne & Mojitos.  The dry Champagne is a perfect counter-point to the sweet Mojito.


That said, here's my celebratory Mother's Day Mojito.... the Champagne Mojito!



here's what you need {per drink}
1 & 1/2 oz. white rum {I used Bacardi}
1 oz Simple Syrup
8 mint leaves
1 key lime quartered {or 1/2 regular in eighths}
2 strawberries sliced {1 for garnish}
Brut Champagne



here's what you do
Muddle Rum, Simple Syrup, one strawberry, Mint & Limes to perfection.
pour into a beautiful clear glass, fill with ice...
top with Champagne, garnish with reserved strawberry and.... perfection.

Champagne Mojito















NOTE:  I tried this without ice in a champagne flute and didn't like it as much, the Mojito really needs that ice 




Pin It! Print Friendly and PDF