Monday, May 14, 2012

Chicken Soup for Chicken Little {Chicken Noodle Soup with Edamame}

Mama's Chicken Noodle Soup
Sick Little One
I had a sick little one over the weekend, ok, ok, so she's not so little, she's 16.... but she's still my baby so I made Chicken Soup for dinner Saturday night to heal her and it was particularly YUMMY so I thought I'd share....



HERE'S WHAT YOU NEED:
12 cups Chicken Broth {I used 2 BIG cans of Swansons}
8 cups water
6 boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cubed
2 cups baby carrots, sliced
2 stalks celery, sliced
1 cup shelled edamame {sneak a little extra protein in there}
1 TBSP Thyme
1 & 1/2 TBSP Tarragon
2 Bayleaves
2 tsp kosher salt
1 box Ronzoni Healthy Harvest Whole Grain Spaghetti


HERE'S WHAT YOU DO:
In a large stock bring your chicken broth to a boil then add cubed chicken and reduce to a simmer.  Simmer for 30 minutes before adding water and everything else except the pasta.  Simmer for another 30 minutes then bring to a boil, add pasta and cook as per directions to Al Dente {I believe it was 8 minutes}.


Serve immediately and ALL BETTER!


p.s. save some for later..... when heating for leftovers add desired amount of plain broth to noodles before reheating.



Pin It! Print Friendly and PDF