Saturday, May 26, 2012

A Drink & A Tripod, Life is good. {St~Germain Cocktail II}

St~Germain Cocktail II
There are so many things that bring me joy about this picture... of course the most obvious is that it's a cocktail and I drank this cocktail on Friday, which also made me giddy with joy... because I am so ready for the weekend, and it's a THREE DAY WEEKEND, can it get better?  


WOOT WOOT!


What else do I love?

  • Cupcake Prosecco
  • St~Germain
  • Fresh Mint from Mr. Donald Kent's garden
  • my new boards that Olga & Steve made for me
AND.... the sharpness that my tripod is gifting me.  OMG.  $30 and I feel like I moved ahead like 25 squares in the photography game of life.

Thank you Katherine Martinelli.  Katherine is an awesome food photographer & writer that I've followed for a while.  A month or so ago I came across an old blog she wrote called "7 Top Food Photography Tips" which I read and took to heart.  Tip #2.... GET A TRIPOD.  I operate on a delay so it took me a month but it arrived and WOW.

Now, I need to go and implement Tip#3 and so on.... I love the growth.

I love it so much that I think we should drink to that!

HERE'S WHAT YOU NEED:
a rocks glass packed with ice
4-5 ounces Prosecco
1 ounce St~Germain
a sprig or two of mint

HERE'S WHAT YOU DO:
Fill ice packed glass with champagne, add mint and top with St~Germain.

You are welcome.
XXOO

p.s. I'd like to shout to Zested which inspired this cocktail, I didn't have cucumber so it's not really her drink {THIS time!}.... but she inspired it this time {this isn't my 1st St~Germain cocktail} and so I want to nod her way.... she has an awesome blog.

Pin It! Print Friendly and PDF

16 comments:

  1. Lovely picture, love drink!!! Jessyca

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jess, you should come by and have one.... no mint allergy :)

      Delete
  2. Gorgeous picture indeed! Love the styling too. Cheers to the weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This picture is fantastic! I use a tripod, too and some really hot photography lights but number 3 on the list looks intriguing. If you get the lighting, I want to know how you like it :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a wonderfully refreshing looking cocktail my friend - yum :D

    Cheers
    Choc Chip Uru

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thx Uru, I've been doing mint in plain ckub these days too because it's so pretty :)

      Delete
  5. awesome photography! inviting cocktail

    ReplyDelete
  6. Apparently I operate on a longer tape delay than you which is why I haven't done this yet but there is a tripod in my immediate future. There's probably a cocktail there as well but there usually is. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've been pretty shocked at the difference in clarity... but I also have my ISO [?] on 800 because my natural lighting sucks [I know that's an issue for u too]

      Delete
  7. Oh Prosecco, the things you can do with this stuff. This is one fine looking drink!

    ReplyDelete
  8. i recently came upon st. germaine and fell in LOOOOOVE with it! i like to splash it on my moscow mule.

    ReplyDelete
  9. heidi i know what it is like. getting a few accessories and figuring out more and more of how to take good pics makes you feel so much better. nice shot of the drink by the way!

    ReplyDelete
  10. HERE'S WHAT YOU NEED:???????where i can buy it ?is Tripod 3 Section Legs

    ReplyDelete