Wednesday, March 27, 2013

The BEST meatballs EVER. It's just extra super awesome they are Paleo. {Chicken & Spinach Meatballs and some Paleo Treats}


Chicken & Spinach Paleo Meatballs
Happy Wednesday!  Well, down another 3 as of Monday's weigh in.... that's 11 total.  Not too shabby.  Better than a poke in the eye.  Not sure where I'll head after Thursday when the 18 Day Challenge is up but whatever we do I've made some delicious discoveries that I'm not giving up....


Paleo Krunch
by Steve's Paleo



Grainless Granola
by Steve's Paleo
OMG delicious and Paleo!
That with a little almond milk
and I'm good for the morning. 





 
Rao's Homemade....
this is the best
jarred marinara
I've ever had
and yup.
All natural.
All Paleo.




Dates rolled in Coconut.  It's a flippin' Paleo candy bar.  I bought in the bulk section of my health food store.  YUM.




Chicken & Spinach Meatballs

But the BESTEST discovery is these meatballs.  Thanks to my PPC [Paleo Partner in Crime] Debra for developing these..... huge hit and I live amongst some serious spinach haters.

CHICKEN & SPINACH MEATBALLS

what you need:
3 slices of Paleo coconut bread
3 pounds ground chicken
2 eggs
1 box frozen chopped spinach, thawed and squeezed well
1 TBSP worcestershire
1 tsp onion powder
1 tsp granulated garlic
1 tsp basil
1 tsp oregano 

what you do:
Process the coconut bread in the food processor to create bread crumbs instead of using regular bread crumbs; then mix everything together in a bowl [use your hands there's no other way. 
I formed into 30 healthy sized meatballs and put on a jelly roll tray covered in parchment. 
Once they were done I generously sprinkled them with Dancer Dust, which is a spice mix I get from a local restaurant but you could sprinkle with whatever taste you are in LOVE with.
Then bake uncovered for 45 minutes at 350 F.

I served over Rao's Marinara and a pinch of Parmesan.... SO. GOOD. 

NOTE: I made lots so as to have some left over for lunch [3 or 4 was a nice serving] and boy was I glad.

Last weigh in Friday a.m. I'll let you know [I'd say cross your fingers but there is no luck involved I've decided]!

Pin It! Print Friendly and PDF