Thursday, January 24, 2013

Happy Thirsty Thursday! GINSANITY CHAPTER X: You can never sparkle too much {Elderflower Citrus Sparkler}




Elderflower Sparkler
Happy New Year.  LOL.  I don't think I ever said that.  I am cautiously optimistic for 2013. 
Happy Thirsty Thursday... 1st one for the year.
Even though I'm on a diet for another 15 lbs [at least]I still enjoy my special cocktail treats.  This one was very special indeed, combining all of my favorite things and looking SOOOOOO pretty.
What is it? I called it an Elderflower Sparkler.  It was sweet & citrus-y with a hint of pine needles.... Florida at Christmas :)
WHAT YOU NEED:
3 slices/rounds each of orange, lemon & lime
1 & 1/2 ounce lemon OR Orange not so simple syrup
1 ounce gin
1 ounce St. Germaine
Ice
3 ounces Champagne {brut}

St~Germaine, Gin & Champagne
Can you go wrong?
WHAT YOU DO:
GENTLY Muddle 1 slice orange, lime and lemon with not so simple syrup in a shaker [do half of each flavor if you have them on hand!]. Add gin, St. Germaine and a little ice. Shake well and strain into glass.
Pack with ice and top with Champagne garnish with remaining fruit. Sip & Stir.  Repeat.
ENJOY [you are welcome]
Pin It! Print Friendly and PDF