Thursday, August 23, 2012

Thirsty Thursday & ANOTHER "food" Holiday {Whiskey Sour Recipe}



Whiskey Sour
Well ANOTHER food holiday approaches and it struck me as a nostalgic one because Ruthie in my minds eye often had a Whiskey Sour as her cocktail and the glass with her red lipstick kiss on the rim is as clear as can be in my mind.  

And even though it's an "old school" drink.... it's REALLY quite yum and I think you should give it a try on Saturday to celebrate the Day!

You can buy the store mix but I find Sour Mix to be SO easy to make fresh that it's almost harder to get the Mix bottle open!

WHAT YOU NEED:
1/3 cup whiskey (I used Jack Daniel's "Green Label" Tennessee Whiskey)
1/4 cup freshly squeezed lemon juice (2 lemons)
1/4 cup freshly squeezed lime juice (2 limes)
1/3 cup simple syrup
Ice cubes

WHAT YOU DO:
 Fill a cocktail shaker halfway with ice and pour in the whiskey, lemon juice, lime juice, and syrup. Shake, Shake, SHAKE! and pour into your glass, ice & all. Traditional garnish would be a maraschino cherry and orange slice, I kicked it up with a couple raspberries.


CHEERS!




Pin It! Print Friendly and PDF