Saturday, September 29, 2012

A Quick Share From The Cabinet.... Cowboy Caviar! YEEEEHAW!

COWBOY CAVIAR



Just a quick treat to share.... this was one of my Featured 5 and I've made it several times now.  SAVE THIS RECIPE.  It's a keeper.... nice combo of tacky & fresh :)

Thanks to Wine & Dine With Us for this awesomeness....








COWBOY CAVIAR

WHAT YOU NEED:
1 can of black beans, drained and rinsed
1 can of corn, drained... I used the sweet yellow & white combo
1/2 can diced tomatoes, drained
1/2 red onion, diced finely
2 avocados, firm but ripe... chopped

1 can diced green chilis
1 pkg Good Season’s ZESTY Italian Dressing [dry mix]
1/4 cup of olive oil
1/8 cup of vinegar [I used champagne vinegar]

WHAT YOU DO:
Mix all ingredients together, I did them in order listed and combined each as I added....I did not mix the dressing separate, just sprinkled and poured and mixed well again.

I've served with homemade tostadas or Frito Scoops..... YUM!
Pin It! Print Friendly and PDF