Sunday, January 17, 2016

Crunchy Maple Challah French Toast

Brunch is my favorite thing ever.... that's no secret, but truth be told I've gotten kind of bored with going out. So, when this recipe popped up on my Facebook feed I became mildly obsessed but I could never find it again so I created my own. Good decision. 

Crunchy Maple Challah French Toast
(serves 5)

WHAT YOU NEED:
1 loaf Challah bread (sliced in thick slices)
3 eggs
1.5 cups whipping cream
2 TBSP vanilla
1/4 maple syrup
4 cups crushed corn flakes


WHAT YOU DO:

Heat skillet to 350 (I used an electric skillet).

Whisk eggs, cream, vanilla and syrup in a pie dish. 

Gently crush cornflakes, trying not to create dust, in second pie dish.

Set sliced Challah in cream mixture for approximately 20 seconds per side before coating each side with corn flakes by gently pressing down. Once coated put on ungreased skillet. Approximately 5 minutes per side until golden brown. 

Serve hot with maple syrup (but not necessary). So delicious, creamy challah with a crunch. 

Best French Toast I ever had. 


Pin It! Print Friendly and PDF