Sunday, July 14, 2013

My Trifle By Vi (Vi-Shape recipe)


Trifle By Vi
 A couple months ago I was approached by ViSalus and asked if I wanted to try their product, Vi-Shape, and come up with a recipe. I know quite a few folks who swear by Body by Vi and with my recent dieting I thought this was actually a perfect match for me.... 

My first step was just trying a basic shake to see what I was working with and I have to say it was really tasty. Significantly better than most of the other shakes I've tried. 

In fact, I was so impressed I can see this product in part of my normal life as a healthy tasty quick breakfast or as a component in a great snack!  But I digress, after tasting it I decided to go the dessert/snack route but what I ended up with could be just about any meal depending on your portion size.  It's modeled after a super yummy Trifle I made recently (which I promise to share soon) it's light, crisp and has great textures. 


Trifle By Vi
NOTE: This recipe will make 2 snack size or one meal.

What you need:
2 scoops Sweet Cream Vi-Shape
1 cup Greek yogurt (I used Face Plain strained) 
1/2 red apple, core and large diced, skin on (Quickly rinsed in 1TBSP lemon juice mixed with 1 cup water)
2 graham crackers broken up in small pieces


What you do:



  1. Using a handheld beater mix the yogurt with the powder until light and fluffy. 
  2. Then, in your chosen dish (I love mason jars because they look cute and you can screw lids on and have instant storage!) begin layering ingredients starting with one half graham cracker in bottom of each jar.  
  3. Top with a couple TBSP of the sweet cream protein yogurt, I used a pastry bag to keep it neat but you could just spoon. 
  4. Top with apple slices.
  5. Repeat and finish with a squirt of yogurt on the top. 
Trifle By Vi




This can be made ahead and will keep for a few days in fridge... or eaten immediately (as you can see I couldn't wait for the photo shoot to be over to dig in!)  



Bon Appetit!




Pin It! Print Friendly and PDF